Monday, August 3, 2009

Happy Friendship Day !

2nd August 2009
Its friendship day today and I have just returned after meeting some of my college time pals in Pune. I believe that we do not need any special day to celebrate things like friendship, love, motherhood and many such ‘Days’ , but it has one advantage, it makes you think about the significance of some of the best part of your lives and friendship is definitely one of them ! So here is something that I feel about this wonderful relationship:
Friendship
There are some relations that we hold by virtue of our birth and we accept and obey them for what they are, and then there are relations which we nurture and cherish by virtue of our choice; friendship being the most beautiful among them.
It is very difficult to define and reason friendship. Be it a kindergarten going kid or an 80 year old gentleman – they both make friends. Be it a bushman from Kalahari Desert or a corporate honcho from the Wall Street – they both yearn for a true friend. Such is the magic of this bonding that it cuts across the differences of ages, sex, geographies etc.
According to me, a friendship result from the synchronization of one’s thinking with someone else’s. It’s a gesture to appreciate each other’s attitude, outlook and persona. But then, the kindergarten kid fails me :) , had any of us thought or even knew the above things when we made our first friend in those prayer queues, or playgrounds? I guess no.
Irrespective of how we perceive friendship, it has a major influence in our lives. We make friends in schools, colleges, work places and then this set of friends keeps evolving. However, at each juncture of our life, we are influenced by the thoughts, actions, behavior, mannerism and in fact the whole way of living of our friends. In the journey we share some immortal moments like the gully cricket fights, bunked schools, mark sheet secrets, crushes, love stories, late night chats, gossips, coffee corners... If life is a journey, friends are the interesting co-passengers who add to the spice! Life is so incomplete without them.
I personally have been blessed with ample of this goodie. I have had many great friends right from my school, college and working days. I have grown with them learning the nuances of life. Unknowingly, I have learnt things that should be done (and also some that should never be) in life. I have shared some of the best, and some worst moments of my lives with someone by my side who I can fall back on. I feel enriched by them and I feel that some part of each of them lives with me, let’s say when I listen to a song, and suddenly recall – Hey! I used to hum it along my way to school along with a friend.
Well, a lot to say but then I need to sleep now …but would like to say a big THANKS to all of my dear buddies! Life’s been a pleasure with you! Happy Friendship Day :)

No comments:

Follow devashishpandey on Twitter